Orthodontics for Kids in La Mesa, El Cajon, & San Diego
At Stormberg Orthodontics, we believe everyone deserves a healthy, beautiful smile that they're proud of their whole life long. That's why our mission is to provide high-quality, personalized orthodontic treatment, helping each of our patients achieve the smile of their dreams. While most patients start orthodontic treatment sometime during adolescence, in some cases, it's better to start early. If you have a child and aren't sure when the best time for treatment is, our observation program is a great way to help them get the best smile possible.
When To First Bring Your Child to the Orthodontist
One of the most common thing parents ask us is when to bring their child in for a first visit. This is a great question, and the answer might be earlier than you think! In keeping with the American Association of Orthodontists, we ask parents to bring their children in for an initial evaluation by age 7. At this age, the back bite has developed, which lets us spot current problems as well as problems that may develop later. While we generally screen early, we often won't begin treatment right then – and that's where our observation program comes in.
Our Observation Program
To help our patients get the best possible care, we've created an observation program that lets us track orthodontic development over time, waiting for the perfect time to start treatment. The program works like this:
- After your initial screening, Dr. Stormberg will monitor your child's dental development until the perfect time to start treatment.
- We'll bring your child in for an evaluation every 6 months – and all of the observation appointments are complimentary.
- Even if you don't see any changes since your last visit, it's important to attend these appointments every 6 months. Regular screenings are the only way to ensure everything is developing normally.
- To track the eruption of permanent teeth, we'll also take periodic panoramic x-rays of your child – which, also, are complimentary.
- In addition to monitoring dental development, Dr. Stormberg will track jaw growth and bite development. If there's a problem with these processes, we may recommend early orthodontic treatment.
- Dr. Stormberg will continue monitoring your child's development until the time is right for treatment. Then, he'll create a treatment plan that helps your child achieve a healthy, beautiful smile that lasts a lifetime!
Contact Your San Diego, CA Orthodontist
Our observation program is the perfect way to find the right time for treatment, helping your child achieve the best possible smile – and that smile will stay with them for their entire life. If you have a child who's approaching the age for early evaluation or if your child is older than 7 and hasn't been seen by an orthodontist yet, we would love to help. Feel free to give us a call at (619) 462-4462 with any questions, reach out to us at our contact page, or request a consultation online at our La Mesa, CA office.